March 15, 2013
Elaine Bush passed away on Feb. 26, 2013, at home in Grass Valley, Calif. She was 91.
Services will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday. March 9, 2013, at Sierra Memorial Lawn, 459 Hollow Way, Nevada City, Calif. Jeff Holloway will officiate.
Elaine was born Aug.14, 1921, to James Townsend and Wilda (Mcelheney) in Watseka, Ill. She went to school in Watseka and worked at a radio station. In 1940, she married Rod Bush.
Elaine loved sports, she played golf and she followed and was a big fan of the Cubs and the Bears.
Elaine is survived by her niece, Sandy Kesselring of Nevada City; nephews, Brian Welge of San Diego, Steve Welge of Applegate, Calif., Jim Bush of Susanville, Calif., Frank Newlin of Florence, Ore., Lou Bush of Apollo Beach, Fla., and Ed Bush of Birchwood, Wis.
She is preceded in death by her husband Rod in 1982; sister, Dorothy Bush in the '90s and sister, Helen Welge in 2003.
Memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of the Foothills, 11270 Rough and Ready Hwy, Grass Valley, CA 95945.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County