February 15, 2013
Edith Ann Crook went to her maker on Feb. 9, 2013, at the Sierra Memorial Hospital in Grass Valley, Calif. She was 72.
There will be a remembrance service at 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 16, 2013, at Union Hill School, 10879 Bartlett Dr., Grass Valley, Calif. Refreshments in the gym after the service.
Edith was born March 28, 1940, in Sacramento, Calif. She attended school in Sacramento, including Azusa Pacific College.
Edith taught pre-first in Escondido Christina School from 1972-1990. She started tutoring long before her teaching career and continued tutoring until two weeks before her death, making lasting relationships along the way.
Edy was an amazing woman of God. She spent her life dedicated to sharing her love of Christ. She was a loving, caring and nurturing mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. She loved her family very much and loved getting the family together. Edy always remembered all the birthdays. We loved her and will miss her.
She is survived by her kids, Jock Crook and Chad Crook; brother, Jim Russell; daughter-in-law, Marta; grandchildren, Ruby L., Oscar C., Eda R., Allie C., Josh C., Alvery C.; great-grandchildren, CJ S., Angelina C., Caleb C., Emily L., Aliyah L., Jordan H. and Christian H.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo