January 25, 2013
Edith Freitas passed away Dec. 20, 2012. She was 88.
Edith was born April 30, 1924, in San Mateo, Calif., to Frank and Adelaide Fernandes. She married Henry Freitas May 5, 1942.
Edith was a hardworking ranch wife for almost 40 years. She shared the ranch with her husband and their many horses during their 59 years of marriage. She was a wonderful cook and enjoyed feeding many guests; and when her husband retired, she continued to be a good homemaker. Besides cooking and socializing, her hobbies also included bowling, golf, bingo and gambling.
She is survived by her son, retired Col. William Freitas; daughter-in-law Francil; and daughter Roxann; as well as her grandchildren, Benjamin, Andrew, Patrick, Cody and Lacy. She is also survived by her great-grandchildren, Charlie, Jillian, Francil and Macy.
She is preceded in death by her husband, Henry; and her sisters, Babe and Mary.
A private service will take place for the family.
Edith was very proud of her family. She was deeply loved by her family and friends and will be missed.
Arrangements are under the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire