January 25, 2013
Edith Freitas passed away Dec. 20, 2012. She was 88.
Edith was born April 30, 1924, in San Mateo, Calif., to Frank and Adelaide Fernandes. She married Henry Freitas May 5, 1942.
Edith was a hardworking ranch wife for almost 40 years. She shared the ranch with her husband and their many horses during their 59 years of marriage. She was a wonderful cook and enjoyed feeding many guests; and when her husband retired, she continued to be a good homemaker. Besides cooking and socializing, her hobbies also included bowling, golf, bingo and gambling.
She is survived by her son, retired Col. William Freitas; daughter-in-law Francil; and daughter Roxann; as well as her grandchildren, Benjamin, Andrew, Patrick, Cody and Lacy. She is also survived by her great-grandchildren, Charlie, Jillian, Francil and Macy.
She is preceded in death by her husband, Henry; and her sisters, Babe and Mary.
A private service will take place for the family.
Edith was very proud of her family. She was deeply loved by her family and friends and will be missed.
Arrangements are under the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death