May 8, 2013
Dorothy "Dottie" VanBuskirk passed away April 26, 2013, at home amongst family. She was 66.
Dottie was born February 9, 1947, to Charles and Marie Walls in New London, Conn.
She married the love of her life, Charlie, on August 19, 1987, in Reno, Nev. She enjoyed fishing, especially at Eagle Lake, with Jack, Hermie and friends. Dottie was an avid cribbage player. She was also a lifelong Green Bay Packers and Elvis Presley fan.
Special thanks to Chuck, Kathy Kelly and her daughters, Anne, Clarice and Georgia Wilson, and all the wonderful neighbors.
Dottie is survived by her husband, Charlie; her daughters Cora, Victoria and Lisa; her sons Robert, Eric and Chuck and her 12 grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her sister, Cora.
A celebration of life is planned for a later date.
Arrangements are under the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary, Grass Valley, California.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local