June 24, 2013
Dorothy Marie (Nelson) Doleman passed away peacefully at home May 27, 2013, on her 99th birthday, where the day before, family had gathered to celebrate with her.
Funeral mass will be 10 a.m. June 14 at St Patrick's Catholic Church, Grass Valley, Calif.
She was born May 27, 1914, in Salinas, Calif. She was raised in Ripon, Calif., and married Ed Doleman in 1938. They raised their five sons in Pittsburg and Concord, Calif., moving to Grass Valley after Ed's retirement from U.S. Steel.
She was an active member of the Catholic Ladies Relief Society for many years. She enjoyed her family, her garden and her view of the Sierras to the end of her life.
She is survived by sons Peter (Margaret), Richard (Jeanie Wedekind) and William; daughter-in-law Mary; seven grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandchild.
She was predeceased by her husband, Ed, and sons Thomas and Samuel.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say