June 24, 2013
Dorothy Marie (Nelson) Doleman passed away peacefully at home May 27, 2013, on her 99th birthday, where the day before, family had gathered to celebrate with her.
Funeral mass will be 10 a.m. June 14 at St Patrick's Catholic Church, Grass Valley, Calif.
She was born May 27, 1914, in Salinas, Calif. She was raised in Ripon, Calif., and married Ed Doleman in 1938. They raised their five sons in Pittsburg and Concord, Calif., moving to Grass Valley after Ed's retirement from U.S. Steel.
She was an active member of the Catholic Ladies Relief Society for many years. She enjoyed her family, her garden and her view of the Sierras to the end of her life.
She is survived by sons Peter (Margaret), Richard (Jeanie Wedekind) and William; daughter-in-law Mary; seven grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandchild.
She was predeceased by her husband, Ed, and sons Thomas and Samuel.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire