December 7, 2012
Doris Marie Sears of Yuma, Ariz., went to heaven Nov. 25, 2012. She was 82.
No service is planned for Doris in Grass Valley. A private memorial service will take place at a later date in Montana.
She was born Nov. 13, 1930, in Bay City, Mich., to William and Harriet Brandt. She married Albert Richard Sears, Oct. 3, 1951, in Bay City. After Richard retired from the Pacific Telephone Company, he and Doris moved to Yuma, Ariz., in 1995. Doris was an avid bowler and enjoyed playing golf and spending time with her family. She was a volunteer at Penn Valley Thrift Shop while living in Penn Valley and a member of St. Patrick Catholic Church in Grass Valley. Doris was foremost a loving wife, mother and grandmother. She will be missed.
Doris is survived by her four sons, Frank Sears of Post Falls, Idaho, Charles Sears of Roseville, Steven Sears of Nevada City and John Sears of Auburn; her 12 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren; and sister Vivian Basinger of Texas.
Doris was preceded in death by her husband, Albert Richard Sears.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Hospice of the Foothills, 11270 Rough and Ready Highway, Grass Valley, CA 95945.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court