March 3, 2013
After a five-year battle with cancer and a seven-year defiance of Alzheimer's, Don Edward Rhodes passed away on Feb. 24, 2013, in his own bed with a grace and dignity that belied the battles he waged within himself. To say Don was strong-willed, would be a gross understatement and conjure an image that could only be described as completely inadequate in terms of how strong a man he truly was.
In the complete absence of more adequate words that could portray the person he was, it is suitable to say that he was a good and caring man who always endeavored to do the right thing. The world is a better place because of him.
A rosary will be held at 7:30 p.m. today at St. Teresa of Avila, 11600 Atwood Road, Auburn, Calif. Services will be held at 1 p.m. Friday, March 1, 2013, at St. Teresa of Avila.
Memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of the Foothills, 11270 Rough and Ready Hwy., Grass Valley, CA 95945, the Alzheimer's Foundation of America (http://www.alzfdn.org/ContributetoAFA/makeadonation.html), 322 Eighth Ave., 7th Floor, New York, NY 10001, or a charity of choice.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum