March 21, 2013
Our beloved Deborah Martin went to meet Jesus on March 2, 2013. She was 64.
There will be a celebration of life potluck at 3 p.m. Saturday, March 9, 2013, at the Rough and Ready Grange, 14550 Rough and Ready Hwy,, Rough and Ready, Calif. Bring your favorite dish. Please come celebrate Debi with us.
Deborah was born July 7, 1948, to Gerald and Janet Houle in Los Angeles County. She was raised in Porterville, Calif. and then settled in Penn Valley, Calif. where she raised her family.
Deborah touched many with her humor, wit, friendship and love. She wrote for many years for local papers and through her articles she shared laughs, smiles and friendship.
She also was famous for her baking, notably for her pies.
She will be greatly missed. Deborah was not only a wife, mom, sister, aunt, grandma and friend, but she was a gift from heaven. We will miss you, our sweet Debi. Thank you for touching our lives. We love you.
Deborah is survived by her husband, James Martin; daughters, Jennifer De LaVega, Sandy (Bear) Flynn (Mike); stepsons, Randy (Michelle), Larry (Lena) and Logan Martin; step-daughters, Debbie Martin and Teresa Porterfield; sisters, Cathy House and Jolene Depaula; and many grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
She is preceded in death by her parents; sons, David and Geoff Holman and Donny Martin.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum