May 28, 2013
Dawn Bowman passed away in her home on May 15, 2013, in Colfax, Calif. She was 39.
A potluck will be 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, June 1, at the Penn Valley Park cottage.
Dawn was born in Anaheim, Calif., to Diane and Robert Bowman and baptized at St. Callistus Church in Garden Grove.
She moved to Nevada County in the early 1990s where she completed high school. She later studied for a degree in business and English. She had a passion for poetry and loved to write poems. She enjoyed spending time in her garden, with her dogs, family, friends and especially the children. She was always there to help raise the kids and will be remembered by many as Auntie Dawn. God was a very important part of Dawn's life. She always held on to her faith. In her time here, she touched many lives; friends often became family. Her loving spirit will be greatly missed and cherished in our hearts forever.
She is survived by her mother, Diane Grayum of Texas; and brother, Brian "Ray" Bowman of Penn Valley.
She is preceded in death by her father, Robert L. Bowman Sr.; and her brother, Bobby L. Bowman Jr., both of Penn Valley, Calif.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death