November 9, 2012
David Robert Thomas died Monday, Nov. 5, 2012, in Nevada City. He was 69.
No services are planned.
Mr. Thomas was born on Feb. 26, 1943, in Salinas, Calif., to Joel Clarence and Evelyn Margaret (Rice) Thomas. He graduated from Nevada Union High School and served in the U.S. Army for one year. He married Judith A. Lyford on Jan. 6, 1964. He was a sawmill foreman at Bohemia Inc. in Grass Valley, and worked in the timber industry for 25 years. He enjoyed fishing, camping, online gaming, gardening and spending time with his family.
He is survived by his wife, Judith A. Thomas of Nevada City; sons and daughters-in-law, Daniel R. and Charlotte M. Thomas of Henderson, Tes., Joel E. and Denise R. Thomas of Grass Valley, and Kevin E. Thomas and Autum M. Kirk of Oroville, Calif.; niece, Marilyn Terryl of Sacramento; nephew, Gordon Black of Grass Valley; and 16 grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; son, David R. Thomas Jr. on Dec. 6, 1964; and sisters, Lois Cochran in 2008, and Beverly Black in 1971.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later