November 9, 2012
David Robert Thomas died Monday, Nov. 5, 2012, in Nevada City. He was 69.
No services are planned.
Mr. Thomas was born on Feb. 26, 1943, in Salinas, Calif., to Joel Clarence and Evelyn Margaret (Rice) Thomas. He graduated from Nevada Union High School and served in the U.S. Army for one year. He married Judith A. Lyford on Jan. 6, 1964. He was a sawmill foreman at Bohemia Inc. in Grass Valley, and worked in the timber industry for 25 years. He enjoyed fishing, camping, online gaming, gardening and spending time with his family.
He is survived by his wife, Judith A. Thomas of Nevada City; sons and daughters-in-law, Daniel R. and Charlotte M. Thomas of Henderson, Tes., Joel E. and Denise R. Thomas of Grass Valley, and Kevin E. Thomas and Autum M. Kirk of Oroville, Calif.; niece, Marilyn Terryl of Sacramento; nephew, Gordon Black of Grass Valley; and 16 grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; son, David R. Thomas Jr. on Dec. 6, 1964; and sisters, Lois Cochran in 2008, and Beverly Black in 1971.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Teardown begins for Tractor Supply Company in Grass Valley
- Lack of inventory continues to drive higher price of homes in Nevada County
- Nevada County prosecutor: Child sex suspect caught at airport
- Property purchase first step in improving pedestrian access to downtown Grass Valley (MAP)
- Grass Valley woman charged after dog dies in hot car