December 18, 2013
A celebration of life will be held for David E. Smith, "aka Smitty," at the Nevada City Elks Lodge on Jan. 4, 2014, at 3 p.m. The lodge is located at 518 Hwy. 49, just west of the Rood Center. An honor guard ceremony is scheduled at 4 p.m. Dinner will be a potluck. If you plan to attend and your last name starts with the letter: A-H, please bring an appetizer; I-P, please bring a salad; Q-T, please bring a main dish; V-Z, please bring a dessert
If you are unable to attend but wish to make a donation, please direct it to Nevada County All Veterans Stand Down, P.O. Box 564, Grass Valley, CA 95945.
If you need any further information, please contact Pete Schramm at (530) 913-5569 or Bucky Brattin at (530) 277-8113.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death