November 15, 2013
David Locks died peacefully while surrounded in love by family in Fresno, Calif on Oct. 29, 2013. He was 64.
Services will be at 5:30 p.m. on Nov. 23, 2013, at Emmanuel Episcopal Church, 235 S. Church St. in Grass Valley. The service will be led by David's son-in-law, Rev. Seth Kellermann. There will be a reception following the service.
David was raised in Redwood City, Calif. The majority of his adult life was spent as a cement mason and contractor. He enjoyed restoring old homes and Victorians in Nevada County. He moved to Hawaii to retire and then relocated to work in Yosemite to be near his brother and sisters, where they spent their childhood summers. At the time of his death, he worked at the Wawona Hotel just outside of Yosemite Valley.
David enjoyed spending time with family, having breakfast in town, gardening, the outdoors, the Yuba River, and "Talking Story." His sensitive and friendly disposition found him often in shared conversation with strangers. He was a hard worker and enjoyed staying busy in various creative projects around the home.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to a charity of choice in David's name or flowers that can be planted in David's memory.
David's love, laugh and presence will forever be remembered.
Please feel welcome to post pictures and memories of David on "David Locks Memorial" Facebook page.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed