December 10, 2013
David Alden died Nov. 29, 2013, at home. He was 75.
A memorial service will be at 2 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 15 at Sierra Presbyterian Church in Nevada City.
David was born in 1938 in Brockton, Mass.. He graduated from West Bridgewater High School in 1956. He went on to graduate from North Eastern University in 1961 with a degree in Civil Engineering.
He served as a captain in the U.S. Army and then went on to work for the U.S. Forest Service until he retired in 1993. He married Marie in 1959.
David was very active in the church, involved with the church choir, prayer ministry, served as a church elder and deacon. He loved camping, trains, tractors, gardening and kite flying with fishing poles.
He is survived by his wife, Marie, four sons, one daughter and their spouses, 14 grandchildren and one yet-to-be-born great-grandchild.
Memorial contributions can be made to Sierra Presbyterian Church in lieu of flowers.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance