March 12, 2013
Daniel B. Hastings Jr. passed away Sept. 27, 2012, at home surrounded by his family. He was 83.
The family hosted a private service Oct. 12, 2012, at St. Teresa's Catholic Church, Auburn, Calif.
Daniel was born April 15, 1929, in Los Angeles to Dan and Florence Hastings.
He was a veteran of World War II and into the Korean crisis. He married Gloria E. Hastings at Sacred Heart Church in Los Angeles in 1959. They were married for 53 years. He worked for 33 years with the Department of Water and Power in Los Angeles and retired in 1987.
He is survived by his wife, Gloria E. Hastings; daughters Joan H. Cunningham and Kathleen M. Ballew; son Daniel B. Hastings III; and his grandchildren, Meagan Ballew, Michael Ballew, Patrick Cunningham, Brandan Cunningham, Katherine Cunningham, Sean Cunningham and Josephine Hastings.
Daniel was preceded in death by his parents, Daniel B Hastings and Florence Hastings, and his sister, Joan C. Hastings.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball