March 12, 2013
Daniel B. Hastings Jr. passed away Sept. 27, 2012, at home surrounded by his family. He was 83.
The family hosted a private service Oct. 12, 2012, at St. Teresa's Catholic Church, Auburn, Calif.
Daniel was born April 15, 1929, in Los Angeles to Dan and Florence Hastings.
He was a veteran of World War II and into the Korean crisis. He married Gloria E. Hastings at Sacred Heart Church in Los Angeles in 1959. They were married for 53 years. He worked for 33 years with the Department of Water and Power in Los Angeles and retired in 1987.
He is survived by his wife, Gloria E. Hastings; daughters Joan H. Cunningham and Kathleen M. Ballew; son Daniel B. Hastings III; and his grandchildren, Meagan Ballew, Michael Ballew, Patrick Cunningham, Brandan Cunningham, Katherine Cunningham, Sean Cunningham and Josephine Hastings.
Daniel was preceded in death by his parents, Daniel B Hastings and Florence Hastings, and his sister, Joan C. Hastings.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana