April 8, 2014
Dana Noel Busse died March 31, 2014, at a Reno VA hospital due to complications with leukemia.
A memorial service will be announced at a later date.
Dana was born on Nov. 29, 1956, in Auburn, Calif., to Leigh and Darleene Busse.
He graduated from Nevada Union High School in December 1974 and enlisted in the Navy, where he worked as a corpsman in the naval hospitals in El Centro, Calif., and San Diego, Calif.
After leaving the Navy, he worked for Superior Ambulance and then as an ER tech at Sutter General Hospital for the next seven years. Dana later worked in real estate and then worked by his father's side in the family business. His last 17 years were spent living in Carson City, Nev.
He is survived by brothers Gregory, Dwayne (Claudia) and Eric (Dan Schaak) Busse; sister, Kimberly (Greg) Steffen; two nieces; two nephews; and dear friend and caregiver, Mark Steele.
Dana was preceded in death by his grandparents, Beverley June Towne and Homer and Arzola Knight.
The treasure that was Dana's, and ours, was his acknowledgement of Christ Jesus as the God of his creation, the Savior of his soul and the Lord of his life.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier