Connie Gail Brooke
March 14, 2014
Connie Gail Brooke passed away March 12, 2014, at home in Grass Valley after a long battle with multiple myeloma. She was 59.
She was born March 27, 1954, in Kansas City, Miss. She later moved to Columbus, Ohio, and then to Grass Valley, where she and her husband, William Brooke, raised their four sons.
Connie attended Sierra College, earning an AA degree in liberal arts and English and was studying early childhood education.
She was preceded in death by her mother, Colleen Sterling.
Connie is survived by her father, Robert Sterling; sisters Lana Simms and Judy Gosnell; brother, Marc Sterling; sons Brandon, Heath, Dylan and William Brooke; grandsons Max, Mason, Brayden, Benjamin, Bailey and Faylen; granddaughter, Inara; and longtime significant other and best friend, Doug Neher.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier