October 13, 2012
Clarence Albert Rickard (Rick), passed away peacefully at his home, surrounded by family, on Sept. 18, 2012. He was 92.
A celebration of life will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 29, 2012, at the Nevada City Veterans Memorial Hall.
Rick was born in Selby Flats in Nevada County on Aug. 31, 1920, to Lawrence and Rose Rickard. He attended Nevada County schools and worked at many places in the community as a mechanic. Eventually, he purchased and ran Ricks Service Garage on South Pine Street in Nevada City. He then purchased Truebloods Automotive. He was a Master Mechanic for 40 years. He also was a veteran of World War II, serving in the United States Navy.
Rick had a daughter from his first marriage to Joyce Rickard. Rick married Ruby Wilson and was blessed with five more children: Robert, Diana, Deborah, William and James.
After their divorce. Rick married Lavon Kennedy. He lived out the last years of his life with his loving son, William Rickard, in the home he built on the property the Rickard family has owned since the 1800s.
He is survived by his daughter,s Joyce Lenzi/(Butch) of Carmichael, Calif., and Deborah Thomas/(Larry) of Salmon, Idaho; son William C. Rickard (Vicky Brooker), of Nevada City; along with a multitude of grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Rick was an amazing father, grandfather and friend and will be greatly missed by all.
He was preceded in death by parents Lawrence and Mary Rickard; Rose and Joe Gast; wife Lavon Kennedy-Rickard; sons James and Robert Rickard and daughter Diane Rickard-Barry.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Dodge Dakota breaks through wall, sends child sprawling to the floor, mother says
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man returns home to find burners on, house ransacked, mysterious pants