November 27, 2012
Claire Becker passed away Nov. 16, 2012, in Davis, Calif. He was 87.
A celebration of life will take place at 2 p.m. Dec. 1, 2012, at the University Retirement Community, 1515 Shasta Drive, Davis.
Claire was born March 13, 1925, in Moline, Ill. He was a P-51 fighter pilot in WWII, participating in much action in Europe. He later graduated from the University of Colorado with a degree in chemical engineering. He married Marion in 1956 in Carson City, Nev. He worked for Shell Chemical Company his entire career, retiring in 1985. Before moving to the retirement community in Davis in 2005, he and Marion lived in Alta Sierra for 20 years, where they both enjoyed golf, bridge and traveling.
He is survived by his wife, Marion; daughters Janice and Jody; son Jay; and five grandchildren.
Claire is preceded in death by his parents and his brother, Gale.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the University Retirement Community Foundation or the Unitarian Universalist Church of Davis.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local