November 27, 2012
Claire Becker passed away Nov. 16, 2012, in Davis, Calif. He was 87.
A celebration of life will take place at 2 p.m. Dec. 1, 2012, at the University Retirement Community, 1515 Shasta Drive, Davis.
Claire was born March 13, 1925, in Moline, Ill. He was a P-51 fighter pilot in WWII, participating in much action in Europe. He later graduated from the University of Colorado with a degree in chemical engineering. He married Marion in 1956 in Carson City, Nev. He worked for Shell Chemical Company his entire career, retiring in 1985. Before moving to the retirement community in Davis in 2005, he and Marion lived in Alta Sierra for 20 years, where they both enjoyed golf, bridge and traveling.
He is survived by his wife, Marion; daughters Janice and Jody; son Jay; and five grandchildren.
Claire is preceded in death by his parents and his brother, Gale.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the University Retirement Community Foundation or the Unitarian Universalist Church of Davis.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo