December 10, 2013
Christina (Joy) Hovemann died peacefully Nov. 7, 2013. She was 94.
Joy and her husband Herman (who died three years ago at age 97) lived in New York, Minnesota and Oregon, before moving to the Nevada City area. They lived at Ananda Village, then at the Nevada City Senior Apartments, and both finally lived at Golden Empire Convalescent Hospital, Christina living there for the past seven years.
They are survived by daughter Dianne of Grass Valley; son Glenn of North San Juan and four grandchildren.
Christina was a professional organist and piano teacher. She deeply loved classical and sacred music. Her spirit soars with celestial sound.
Trending In: Obituaries
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house