Charles X. Martin
January 25, 2013
Charles Martin passed away Jan. 13, 2013. He was 76.
Per Mr. Martin's wishes, no services will take place.
Mr. Martin was born April 22, 1936, in Summit, N.J. He married his wife Barbara June 30, 1956, in Fort Polk, La. He served in the U.S. Army from 1953 to 1957 and was a Washoe County Sheriff for 15 years. One of his favorite hobbies was gardening.
He is survived by his wife, Barbara; daughters Wanda, Terri and Carol; sons Charlie and Jimmy; 10 grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
He is preceded in death by his father and mother.
Memorial contributions may be sent to Barbara Martin, 21239 McCourtney Road, Grass Valley, Calif.
Arrangements are in the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary in Grass Valley.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City