Charles X. Martin
January 25, 2013
Charles Martin passed away Jan. 13, 2013. He was 76.
Per Mr. Martin's wishes, no services will take place.
Mr. Martin was born April 22, 1936, in Summit, N.J. He married his wife Barbara June 30, 1956, in Fort Polk, La. He served in the U.S. Army from 1953 to 1957 and was a Washoe County Sheriff for 15 years. One of his favorite hobbies was gardening.
He is survived by his wife, Barbara; daughters Wanda, Terri and Carol; sons Charlie and Jimmy; 10 grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
He is preceded in death by his father and mother.
Memorial contributions may be sent to Barbara Martin, 21239 McCourtney Road, Grass Valley, Calif.
Arrangements are in the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary in Grass Valley.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Hitchhiker ‘looking for trouble’