January 13, 2014
Charles Edward Dodson of Grass Valley passed away Wednesday, Jan. 8, 2014, surrounded by family and friends. He was 71.
Chuck was born in Santa Cruz, Calif. He and his wife, Brenda, moved to Auburn in 1986 and then to Grass Valley in 1991. Chuck and Brenda celebrated their 27th wedding anniversary Jan. 1, 2014.
He is survived by his wife, Brenda Hodges Dodson; daughters Mary Dodson of San Francisco, Beverly Phillips of San Jose, Kathy Getts of Watsonville, Christine Deis of Boise, Idaho; brother Wiley Dodson of Woodland; sisters Jeanette Barkley of Arizona and Joyce Gresham of California.
Chuck was preceded in death by his father, Wiley Edward Dodson; his mother, Violet Edith (Burruss) Woods; brothers Jay Woods and Iley Dodson; sisters Gayla Duffy and Wanda Marron; and grandson Bailey Deis.
Chuck spent his retirement years caring for and enjoying his many rescued animals, photography, gun collecting and motorcycle riding.
There will be no services. Memorial donations suggested to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital Foundation.
Arrangements are under the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball