May 8, 2013
Catherine "Kay" M. Dax passed away on April 26, 2013, in Grass Valley surrounded by her loved ones.
A mass will be held at St. Canice Catholic Church in Nevada City at 11 a.m. Monday, May 6th, followed by a reception at 1:00 p.m. at the Sierra Presbyterian Church in Nevada City.
Kay was born in Oconomowoc, Wis., April 3, 1926.
She graduated from Hartland High School in 1944 and attended the Business Institute in Milwaukee, Wis. She worked most of her life as a bookkeeper, spending the last 10 years at Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital before retiring in 1990.
She is survived by her husband of 66 years, Henry Dax; her daughters Barbara Jones (Bill) of Nevada City, Pamela Voller (Paul) of Ft. Lauderdale, Laura Honda (Alan) of Fairfax; her sons James Dax (Walter) of San Diego and Thomas Dax (Deni) of Nevada City; her three brothers; her six grandchildren and nine great grandchildren.
She enjoyed photography and keeping in touch with friends and family. She belonged to TOPS and the Democratic Woman's Club.
She was a wonderful and loving wife, mother, grandmother and friend. She will be missed by everyone.
In lieu of flowers, the family has requested donations be made to Sierra Services for the Blind, 546 Searls Ave. in Nevada City.
Arrangements are in the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance