January 28, 2013
Carolyn K. Girdner passed away at Sierra Nevada Hospital in Grass Valley. She was 71.
Carolyn was born Nov. 23, 1941, to Frank and Ida Cermak in San Diego, Calif.
Carolyn was raised in National City, Calif., with four brothers and a sister. Carolyn later married her lasting sweetheart, Dean Girdner, on Feb. 4, 1957, in Oceanside, Calif.
As a homemaker, she raised four sons: Michael, Don, John and David. Carolyn later retired from the State of California Employment Development Department. In 1998, Carolyn and Dean moved to Grass Valley to enjoy the small-town community. Gardening was her ultimate enjoyment. She will be dearly missed.
She is survived by her husband, Dean; sons, Michael, John and David; brother, Don; five grandchildren; one great-grandchild.
She is preceded in death by her parents; son, Don; sister, Maggie; brothers, Frank, Bob and Mike.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws