January 28, 2013
Carolyn K. Girdner passed away at Sierra Nevada Hospital in Grass Valley. She was 71.
Carolyn was born Nov. 23, 1941, to Frank and Ida Cermak in San Diego, Calif.
Carolyn was raised in National City, Calif., with four brothers and a sister. Carolyn later married her lasting sweetheart, Dean Girdner, on Feb. 4, 1957, in Oceanside, Calif.
As a homemaker, she raised four sons: Michael, Don, John and David. Carolyn later retired from the State of California Employment Development Department. In 1998, Carolyn and Dean moved to Grass Valley to enjoy the small-town community. Gardening was her ultimate enjoyment. She will be dearly missed.
She is survived by her husband, Dean; sons, Michael, John and David; brother, Don; five grandchildren; one great-grandchild.
She is preceded in death by her parents; son, Don; sister, Maggie; brothers, Frank, Bob and Mike.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location