January 28, 2013
Carolyn K. Girdner passed away at Sierra Nevada Hospital in Grass Valley. She was 71.
Carolyn was born Nov. 23, 1941, to Frank and Ida Cermak in San Diego, Calif.
Carolyn was raised in National City, Calif., with four brothers and a sister. Carolyn later married her lasting sweetheart, Dean Girdner, on Feb. 4, 1957, in Oceanside, Calif.
As a homemaker, she raised four sons: Michael, Don, John and David. Carolyn later retired from the State of California Employment Development Department. In 1998, Carolyn and Dean moved to Grass Valley to enjoy the small-town community. Gardening was her ultimate enjoyment. She will be dearly missed.
She is survived by her husband, Dean; sons, Michael, John and David; brother, Don; five grandchildren; one great-grandchild.
She is preceded in death by her parents; son, Don; sister, Maggie; brothers, Frank, Bob and Mike.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed