February 21, 2013
Bobby Knox passed away peacefully Feb. 5, 2013, at his home in Grass Valley, Calif. He was 71.
A memorial mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 16, 2013, at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 235 Chapel St, Grass Valley. Father Sylvester Kwiatkowski will be officiating.
Bobby was born in Modesto, Calif., Nov. 24, 1941. Bobby suffered from emphysema for many years. He was the first one to tell a smoker not to end up like him with emphysema and having to wear oxygen 24 hours a day.
He is survived by his cousin and primary caregiver, Terry Cloney, and her husband, Larry, of Penn Valley; his niece, Jolene Mazzoni Maiden, of West Sacramento, whom he lived with for many years. He is also survived by many nieces, nephews and cousins, who loved their Uncle Bobby.
The family would like to thank all the special people who helped with Bobby these last nine years, especially Michelle Whittlesey from Alta Regional; David Halford from Pride; Patrick Patterson and Dave Simonton from IHHS; also Mary Lu Leon, Mary O’Brien and Carolyn Mickel of Nevada City Senior Apartments. Last but not least, Pat Muro and Lois Chenier of Wildwood Medical and Dr. Wong of SNU. “It takes a village!”
He is preceded in death by his parents, John and Flora Mae, and sisters Alice and Patty.
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping