February 15, 2013
Bobby passed away peacefully Feb. 5, 2013, at his home in Grass Valley, Calif. He was 71.
A memorial mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 16, 2013, at St. Patrick's Catholic Church, 235 Chapel St, Grass Valley.
Bobby was born in Modesto, Calif., Nov. 24, 1941. Bobby suffered from emphysema for many years. He was the first one to tell a smoker not to end up like him with emphysema and having to wear oxygen 24 hours a day.
He is survived by his cousin and primary caregiver, Terry Cloney, and her husband, Larry, of Penn Valley; his niece, Jolene Mazzoni Maiden, of West Sacramento, whom he lived with for many years. He is also survived by many nieces, nephews and cousins, who loved their Uncle Bobby.
The family would like to thank all the special people who helped with Bobby these last nine years, especially Michelle Whittlesey from Alta Regional; David Halford from Pride; Patrick Patterson and Dave Simonton from IHHS; also Mary Lu Leon, Mary O'Brien and Carolyn Mickel of Nevada City Senior Apartments. Last but not least, Pat Muro and Lois Chenier of Wildwood Medical and Dr. Wong of SNU. "It takes a village!"
He is preceded in death by his parents, John and Flora Mae, and sisters Alice and Patty.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier