February 11, 2013
Billie Neal Weber Minor returned to our Father on Jan. 5, 2013, 18 days before her 85th birthday.
She was born in Olney, Ill. After high school, she worked as a radiology technician for her father, uncles, great uncles and grandfather at the Olney Sanitarium.
After raising her children, she returned to college, obtaining her R.N. from the University of Albuquerque. As an R.N., she worked not only as a floor nurse, but also in Home Health. Billie worked for her son for the last 27 years.
For the last 18 years, she lived independently next door to Frank and Louise in beautiful Nevada County. She made a lasting impression on all who knew her with her work as a Prayer Warrior. In spite of her will to live, her faith in God allowed her to depart these earthly bonds with a calm, resolute and gracious attitude.
The family sincerely thanks the wonderful doctors, nurses, technicians, and therapists that have cared for her for these past 18 months. The family also wishes to thank Northern Home Medical, Progressive Home Health, Golden Empire Convalescent Hospital and Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital for their compassionate care.
Memorial contributions may be sent to Veritas Church or any local animal shelter or pet adoption service.
A private family ceremony will be held later in the spring under a beautiful Nevada County sky.
Arrangements are in care of The Chapel of the Angels Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball