October 11, 2012
Bill Nielsen died Sept. 18, 2012, in Lakes Basin, Calif. He was 68.
A celebration of life will take place at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 23, 2012.
Bill was born April 24, 1944, to John and Marie Nielsen in San Mateo, Calif. He received his B.S. and M.S. in electrical engineering from UC Berkeley and worked in software engineering for the same company (Logicon, later Northrop Grumman) for 43 years in San Pedro, Calif., before retiring in 2011. He became a specialist in process improvement and earned a black belt in Six Sigma. He lived in Palos Verdes, where he ran four marathons before moving to Grass Valley in May 2010.
Bill enjoyed reading, watching sports, hiking, running, cards, driving his RV to national parks and visiting his daughters and grandchildren. He was married to the love of his life for 46 years.
He belonged to the Tuesday/Friday Hiking Group, Welcome Club Men's Club, Computer Club, Grass Valley Wagon Wheelers and Ham Radio.
He is survived by his wife Margi Nielsen; daughters Wendy, Jill and Mimi; and grandchildren Diego, Mateo, Julia and Zoe.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum