February 7, 2013
Beverly Ruth MacIver passed away Jan. 6, 2013 in Nevada City, Calif. She was 88.
Internment will be this summer at Sacramento Valley National Cemetery in Dixon, Calif.
Beverly was born on May 15, 1924, to Robert and Ruth Woodyard (Ashby) in San Francisco, Calif. She grew up as an only child in Piedmont, Calif. and graduated from Piedmont High in 1943.
In her youth, she enjoyed traveling with her family to Sunnyside, Wash., and had many happy memories of summers at the family farm. Her father was a lawyer in San Francisco, and her mother was a homemaker.
Beverly met her husband, Roderick MacIver, while they were both working at Kaiser Steel in Oakland, Calif,; her as a secretary and him as an economist. They married March 24, 1956. and they celebrated her 50th wedding anniversary in 2006.
She enjoyed all kinds of artistic pursuits including painting and music, and was able to enjoy her last weeks at home with her children and grandchildren.
She is survived by her daughters, Lorna and Heather; grandchildren, Dimitri, Alice, Kosta, Emily, Nik and Adrienne.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Conner Milkey accused in 2016 death of Nevada County Jail inmate
- Nevada County coroner: San Francisco man disappears while swimming in South Yuba River
- Felony manslaughter filed in fatal Grass Valley ATV crash
- Love at first bite: A chance pit stop on a country road turned into a booming business for Ajay Avery
- Nevada County judge upholds kidnapping, false imprisonment charges; tosses torture and robbery accusations