December 6, 2012
Betty Evelyn Christensen passed away in her home in Reno, Nev., Nov. 16, 2012. She was 86.
Betty was born Feb. 25, 1926, in Tucson, Ariz. Betty and Lewis raised their family in Bakersfield, Calif., for 28 years, then moved to Grass Valley for 30 years. Her final 12 years were in Reno. Betty loved to travel with her husband and enjoyed all of the friends they made while RVing the last 36 years.
Betty is survived by her loving husband of 70 years, Lewis, and sons Jerold and Dean; daughter Bonnie; and their families; brother Jean Paul; sister Nancy; and families.
Betty was preceded in death by her parents, Leona and Paul Crisman.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Infinity Hospice Care, 5538 Longley Lane, Suite B, Reno, NV 89511.
The family wishes to extend its gratitude to the people at Hospice for their support in her final days.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire