May 21, 2013
Bernice Rosen died of heart failure on May 3, 2013. She was 85.
Bernice was born March 24, 1928, and raised in New York, N.Y., to Ida and Meyer Kurtz. Bernice was the first of her family to graduate from college.
She met her husband, Hyman Rosen, when they were both working at Saks Fifth Avenue. They married in Brooklyn and had a wonderful life together. They relocated to California in 1975 to retire, but never stopped being involved in the community. She was a part of the Congregation B'Nai Harim at the Nevada County Jewish Community Center.
She is survived by her son Michael David Rosen; daughter Irene Rachel Rosen; sister Sydney-Anne Brown; grandchildren, Rebekah and Ben Martin, Megan and David Rosen.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)