May 21, 2013
Bernice Rosen died of heart failure on May 3, 2013. She was 85.
Bernice was born March 24, 1928, and raised in New York, N.Y., to Ida and Meyer Kurtz. Bernice was the first of her family to graduate from college.
She met her husband, Hyman Rosen, when they were both working at Saks Fifth Avenue. They married in Brooklyn and had a wonderful life together. They relocated to California in 1975 to retire, but never stopped being involved in the community. She was a part of the Congregation B'Nai Harim at the Nevada County Jewish Community Center.
She is survived by her son Michael David Rosen; daughter Irene Rachel Rosen; sister Sydney-Anne Brown; grandchildren, Rebekah and Ben Martin, Megan and David Rosen.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom