June 27, 2013
Bene Luzmoor passed away May 8, 2013, at home with her family from a brief illness with cancer.
The family hosted a private gathering to celebrate her life.
Bene was born in Buena Vista, Colo., to Elmer and Rhoda Roberts.
She was a longtime resident of Nevada County after moving here with her family in her late teens. Bene met the love of her life and married Ellsworth (Sonny) Luzmoor, who preceded her in death.
Bene was a very active person and continued her working career as a beautician until April of this year. She had a great love of animals, including her horse and her dog, Honey. She loved family, gardening and her many friends.
Bene is survived by her son, Mike Luzmoor (Sheryl), of Gold Beach, Ore.; daughter Kathy Luzmoor of Grass Valley; eight grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren.
Donations may be made to Hospice of the Foothills.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location