February 27, 2013
Ben Roy Bryant passed away Feb. 3, 2013, in Grass Valley. He was 97.
There will be a potluck celebration of life March 9, 2013, from noon to 3 pm. at the Kentucky Flat Community Center, 13281 Newtown Road, Nevada City, Calif. For information, call 530-205-9783.
He was born Aug. 12, 1915, in Texas to Roy Hartford Bryant and Martha Duncan Ferrell. Mr. Bryant received a high school diploma and was a Sacramento County water worker, as well as a custodian, and owned his own restaurant. He was a member of the Grass Valley Assembly of God. His favorite hobby was working on cars.
Ben is survived by his siblings, Juanita Powers, Russ Broyles, Barbara Flaherty and Bill (Peg) Bryant; his children, stepson Gary Capshaw, stepdaughter Linda (Dale) Bisby, daughter-in-law June Bryant, sons Kevin Bryant, Michael (Michele) Bryant, Mark Bryant and David Bryant and daughters Karin Davenport and Gayle Stolla.
He is preceded in death by his parents, Roy and Martha Bryant; sisters Dorothy Nixon, Marylou Montgomery and Jerri Faulkner; brothers Bob Bryant and Glen Bryant; son Roy Bryant; and stepson Gregory Atkinson.
Memorial contributions may be sent to the charity of your choice.
Arrangements are under the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lack of inventory continues to drive higher price of homes in Nevada County
- Teardown begins for Tractor Supply Company in Grass Valley
- Property purchase first step in improving pedestrian access to downtown Grass Valley (MAP)
- Grass Valley woman charged after dog dies in hot car
- Auburn Police arrest attempted kidnap suspect