Beatrice “Bea” Stephenson
February 11, 2013
Beatrice “Bea” Stephenson passed away Jan. 27, 2013. She was 73.
A viewing will take place Monday, Feb. 4, between 9 a.m. and noon at Chapel of the Angels Mortuary, 250 Race St., Grass Valley. A graveside service will follow at 1 p.m. at Greenwood Memorial Gardens, Grass Valley.
Bea was born May 6, 1939, in San Bernardino, Calif., to Joel and Grace Blair.
She graduated from Chaffey High School. On Dec. 27, 1956, in Chino, she married Kenneth Stephenson, to whom she was married for 56 fun-filled years. Mrs. Stephenson was a caregiver for the developmentally disabled for many years and was a member of the PTA and NCADD.
She is survived by her husband, Kenneth; daughters Linda and Michol; sons Joel, Neil, Jeffrey and Rico; grandchildren Jennifer, Andrea, Michelle, Eric, Lauren, Kathryn, Megan, Patrick, Rory, Dalton and Jackquelyn; and one great-grandchild, Haven.
She was preceded in death by her grandson, Michael Stephenson.
Memorial contributions may be sent to the Nevada County Association for the Developmentally Disabled.
Arrangements are under the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping