February 11, 2013
Barry Alan Babson was born January 30, 1938 in Los Angeles CA. He died of complications due to Parkinson's disease on January 24, 2013, in Decatur, MS. He is survived by his wife of 47 years, Charlotte Babson.
There were no services.
Barry graduated from Nevada Union High School in 1956 at the S. Auburn St. campus, and Sierra College in 1958, located at that time in Auburn, CA. He began his career working as a fire fighter for the CDF during the summer months while attending college. He started his full-time career at Aerojet-General Corp., in Folsom, and later at the Sacramento Army Depot where he retired in 1995, and moved to Cave Junction OR. After Oregon, his family moved to Mississippi.
Barry is also survived by son, Donald Babson (Candy) of Decatur; daughter, Karen Lee (Terry) of Rogue OR.; brother, Dennis Babson (Carol), and nephew, Ed Babson, all of Grass Valley CA.; two grandchildren and two great grandchildren.
He was predeceased in death by his wife, Helen (McDonough) in 1965; and, his parents Edward (1971) and Dorothy (1980).
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom