February 11, 2013
Barry Alan Babson was born January 30, 1938 in Los Angeles CA. He died of complications due to Parkinson’s disease on January 24, 2013, in Decatur, MS. He is survived by his wife of 47 years, Charlotte Babson.
There were no services.
Barry graduated from Nevada Union High School in 1956 at the S. Auburn St. campus, and Sierra College in 1958, located at that time in Auburn, CA. He began his career working as a fire fighter for the CDF during the summer months while attending college. He started his full-time career at Aerojet-General Corp., in Folsom, and later at the Sacramento Army Depot where he retired in 1995, and moved to Cave Junction OR. After Oregon, his family moved to Mississippi.
Barry is also survived by son, Donald Babson (Candy) of Decatur; daughter, Karen Lee (Terry) of Rogue OR.; brother, Dennis Babson (Carol), and nephew, Ed Babson, all of Grass Valley CA.; two grandchildren and two great grandchildren.
He was predeceased in death by his wife, Helen (McDonough) in 1965; and, his parents Edward (1971) and Dorothy (1980).
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location