February 15, 2013
Barry Alan Babson was born Jan 30, 1938, in Los Angeles. He died of complications due to Parkinson’s disease Jan. 24, 2013, in Decatur, Miss. He is survived by his wife of 47 years, Charlotte Babson.
There were no services.
Barry graduated from Nevada Union High School in 1956 at the South Auburn Street campus and from Sierra College in 1958, located at that time in Auburn, Calif. He began his career working as a firefighter for the CDF during the summer months while attending college. He started his full-time career at Aerojet-General Corp. in Folsom and later at the Sacramento Army Depot, from which he retired in 1995 and moved to Cave Junction, Ore. After Oregon, his family moved to Mississippi.
Barry is also survived by son, Donald Babson (Candy) of Decatur; daughter Karen Lee (Terry) of Rogue, Ore.; brother Dennis Babson (Carol) and nephew Ed Babson, both of Grass Valley, Calif.; two grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was predeceased in death by his wife, Helen (McDonough) in 1965; and his parents, Edward (1971) and Dorothy (1980).
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location