May 2, 2014
Barney M. Elmore died April 16, 2014, in Grass Valley. He was 83.
The family plans a private memorial at a later date.
Barney was born March 9, 1931, in Wewoka, Okla., to Barney M. Elmore and Ina E. Moore. He attended school in Chickasha, Okla. He served in the Marine Corp during the Korean War.
He married Barbara Eastman in July of 1955 and then moved to Chicago Park, Calif., in 1957. There he resided until his death.
Barney belonged to the carpenters' union and worked as a construction superintendent on freeway bridges. Later, he built water and sewer treatment plants in California and Nevada.
He was a 50-year member of the Crow Canyon Masonic Lodge in Castro Valley, Calif.
Barney is survived by his wife, Barbara, of Chicago Park; daughter, Cathie (Rich) Hooper; sons Randy (Amy) Elmore and Steve (Dena) Elmore; daughter, Julie (Norm) Babcock; six grandchildren and three great-grandchildren. He is also survived by his sister, Joyce Shanley, of Auburn, Calif.
Barney was a devoted husband and family man. He will be greatly missed.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Hospice of the Foothills.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum