October 22, 2013
Andy Burr died Oct. 3, 2013, following an illness. He was 66.
A memorial service will be at 12 p.m. on Oct. 25, 2013, at Twin Cities Church, with a potluck reception to follow.
Andy was born Dec. 15, 1946, in Bakersfield, Calif., to Nelson Burr and Elzie McNatt Burr. The family moved to the Yuba/Sutter area where Andy lived until 1977, when he and his wife, Linda, moved to Nevada City.
Andy worked for the Nevada City Police Department from January 1977 to August 1978, when he transferred to the Nevada County Sheriff's Department. Over the years he worked at the Sheriff's Office in patrol, canine, narcotics, and boat patrol. He retired at the age of 60 and continued to work as a reserve officer for the next three years. He enjoyed fishing, working on and restoring cars, riding motorcycles and volunteering at Twin Cities Church.
Andy will be missed by his wife, Linda, of 35 years; sons Shane Burr and Charlie Burr of Nevada County and Steven Burr of Sutter County; daughter, Kelly Lawson of Sutter County; brother, Frank Burr of Yuba County; and sister, Sandra "Jeanie" Preston of Placer County.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his brother, Jimmie Burr; and sister, Effie Childers.
The family extends special appreciation to Diana Dallago, Dawn Tassone and Linda Ortega, employees at the Golden Empire Nursing Center, and to Dr. Michael Andya and Dr. Helen Crawford for their wonderful care.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County fatality: Motorcyclist was thrown into utility pole, CHP states
- Nevada County home invasion leads to arrests, authorities say
- Homeless man dying of cancer finally gets long-term care in Grass Valley
- Nevada County fatality: Motorcyclist dies after Rough and Ready Highway wreck
- Nevada County prosecutors say review of Hollitz cases could take months, 60-80 cases could be impacted