December 31, 2013
Alice Moddejonge of Forest Springs, Grass Valley died peacefully at her home on Dec. 8, 2013. She was 89.
A private family celebration of life will be held in the coming weeks.
Alice was born in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, and also spent time in Indonesia with her husband and two children before returning to Holland. With one more child, the family immigrated to the United States in the early 1950s. She and Raymond lived a long time in Palm Desert but lived the happiest time of all in Forest Springs Park, Grass Valley.
She is survived by her loving husband, Raymond Moddejonge; their three children and spouses Marjanka Tamburina (Jay) of Rocklin, Raymond Moddejonge Jr. of Grass Valley and Frank Moddejonge (Sandy) of Escondido. She leaves behind eight grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren.
She will be greatly missed.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana