December 31, 2013
Alice Moddejonge of Forest Springs, Grass Valley died peacefully at her home on Dec. 8, 2013. She was 89.
A private family celebration of life will be held in the coming weeks.
Alice was born in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, and also spent time in Indonesia with her husband and two children before returning to Holland. With one more child, the family immigrated to the United States in the early 1950s. She and Raymond lived a long time in Palm Desert but lived the happiest time of all in Forest Springs Park, Grass Valley.
She is survived by her loving husband, Raymond Moddejonge; their three children and spouses Marjanka Tamburina (Jay) of Rocklin, Raymond Moddejonge Jr. of Grass Valley and Frank Moddejonge (Sandy) of Escondido. She leaves behind eight grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren.
She will be greatly missed.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball