December 16, 2013
Alfred “Grumpy” or the “The Bull” Peard passed away peacefully at his home in Nevada City Dec. 12, 2013. He was 79.
A memorial service will be at 11 am Friday, Dec. 20, 2013, at the Elks Lodge, 518 Highway 49 in Nevada City, Calif.
Alfred was born April 15, 1934, to Jim and Mary (Morales) Peard. He always said he was a tax baby.
A lifelong Nevada County resident, Alfred graduated from the Nevada Union High School and was drafted into the United States Army. He served for two years in an artillery unit in Germany during the Cold War.
After his service, he returned to Nevada County and started his 59 years of work and dedication to Robinson Enterprises in Nevada City. Alfred thoroughly enjoyed his work. He will be missed by all who knew and loved him.
Alfred is survived by his companion, Betty Welch; his mother, Mary Morales; brother Burnell Peard; his children, Laura, Danielle and Larry Peard and Brenda, Kathy, Karen, Judy and Gary Welch, along with many grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Alfred is preceded in death by father Jim Peard; sons Gary and Jayme Peard and sister Ida Morales.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper and Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows