Alexander B. Lee
May 10, 2013
Alexander B. Lee passed away on Tuesday, April 23,2013. He was 91.
No services are planned. Intermittent will be at Mt. Vernon Cemetery, Roseville.
The son of Fanny and Hing Lee was born in Nevada City, Calif. The last of four children, he graduated from Grass Valley High School.
He worked at the Idaho Maryland Mine until he enlisted in the U.S. Navy during World War II. He became a Navy aircraft transport crew chief, servicing islands of the Western Pacific. After the war, he worked as an aircraft engine mechanic at McClellan AFB until his retirement.
He was an ardent fisherman, fly tier and outdoorsman. He oil-painted, helped his family and friends and studied the Bible.
He passed away at the home of good friends in Citrus Heights after a short illness. He will be remembered by many and by longtime friend, Frank Rose.
He is survived by nephew, Michael of Etna, Calif.; sisters, Jacqueline Callebaut and Stephanie Sanowski of Roseburg, Ore.; cousin, Clarise Fong of San Francisco, Calif.
He was preceded in death by his sister, Laura; brothers, Pershing and Harry.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Grass Valley brew pub details emerge
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Alta Sierra road erodes after water main break
- Jerry Karnow to receive Public Safety Award from the Nevada County Law Enforcement and Fire Prevention Council