Alexander B. Lee
May 10, 2013
Alexander B. Lee passed away on Tuesday, April 23,2013. He was 91.
No services are planned. Intermittent will be at Mt. Vernon Cemetery, Roseville.
The son of Fanny and Hing Lee was born in Nevada City, Calif. The last of four children, he graduated from Grass Valley High School.
He worked at the Idaho Maryland Mine until he enlisted in the U.S. Navy during World War II. He became a Navy aircraft transport crew chief, servicing islands of the Western Pacific. After the war, he worked as an aircraft engine mechanic at McClellan AFB until his retirement.
He was an ardent fisherman, fly tier and outdoorsman. He oil-painted, helped his family and friends and studied the Bible.
He passed away at the home of good friends in Citrus Heights after a short illness. He will be remembered by many and by longtime friend, Frank Rose.
He is survived by nephew, Michael of Etna, Calif.; sisters, Jacqueline Callebaut and Stephanie Sanowski of Roseburg, Ore.; cousin, Clarise Fong of San Francisco, Calif.
He was preceded in death by his sister, Laura; brothers, Pershing and Harry.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier