October 13, 2012
Alecia Christina Snyder-Guerrera passed away on Sept. 23, 2012, of complications from a long battle with leukemia.
Alecia's funeral service is at 1:00 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 29, 2012, at Hooper and Weaver Mortuary, 459 Hollow Way, Nevada City, CA 95959, followed by a military gravesite service at Greenwood Cemetery on East Main Street in Grass Valley.
Alecia was born on July 5, 1990, in Auburn, Calif. She went into the Navy right after graduating from Mesa Verde High School class of 2008 in Sacramento, Calif.
She was a naval engineer on the U.S.S. Ronald Reagan. She loved her job. She loved the Navy and she loved defending her country. Most of all, she loved her family and her friends.
She was loyal, devoted, caring, strong and very beautiful young lady. She was so good that God wanted her back now.
Everyone she knew, she touched their heart. And now she watches over all of us with her beautiful smile. She is at peace now, no more pain and suffering.
Fly with the angels our little butterfly, we love you, Alecia. She is survived by her large, loving family of parents; grandmothers; aunts; uncles; sisters; brothers; a nephew; and cousins (who are like a nephew and niece to her).
Flowers may be sent to Hooper and Weaver Funeral Home, 459 Hollow Way, Nevada City, CA 95959.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- UPDATE: I-80 re-opened after multi-vehicle wreck, fatality
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker