October 18, 2012
Adrienne Therese (Ostic) Schaaf passed suddenly Sept. 22, 2012, in Grass Valley. She was 79.
Services will take place at 11 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 20, 2012, at St. Patrick's Church, 235 Chapel St., Grass Valley, Calif.
She was born Sept. 10, 1933, in Tularosa, N.M., to parents William and Esther Ostic. Adrienne married Christian Schaaf Nov. 19, 1955, in Berkeley, Calif. They moved to Grass Valley in 1965. Adrienne enjoyed reading, painting, sewing and spending time with her family and friends. She was also a member of the Grass Valley Y.L.I.
Adrienne is survived by her husband, Christian Schaaf of Grass Valley; sons Bryan (Laura daughter-in-law) of Grass Valley and Phillip (and family) of Gig Harbor, Wash; daughters Cathleen of Second Mesa, Ariz., and Michelle of Grass Valley; grandchildren Rachael, David, Robert, William Christopher, Charlie and James; and great-granddaughter Ileigh.
She was preceded in death by her parents, William and Esther 'Nell' Ostic, and sister Audrey.
All arrangements are being handled by Hooper & Weaver Mortuary, Grass Valley.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws