Army Pfc. Natalie R. Fike has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, in South Carolina. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches, and field training exercises. Fike is the daughter of Ted Fike of Nevada City. She is a 2007 graduate of Nevada Union High School.
In the service: Natalie R. Fike
- Nevada County officials, medical marijuana advocates to gather for 2nd meeting
- Nevada City Mayor's initiative seeks to discourage tobacco sales
- Unrelated burglary, embezzlement cases continue through Nevada County Superior Court
- Frank's Pizza owners aim for late summer open date
- Judge sides with Yuba County in marijuana ordinance lawsuit