Army Pfc. Natalie R. Fike has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, in South Carolina. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches, and field training exercises. Fike is the daughter of Ted Fike of Nevada City. She is a 2007 graduate of Nevada Union High School.
In the service: Natalie R. Fike
- Police find body of Nevada teen hit by a train near Truckee
- Green light on for restoration phase at Bridgeport Historic Covered Bridge in Nevada County
- Clients keep coming back to Grass Valley's Reflections Skin Oasis
- Nevada City attorney submits proposal for statewide marijuana legalization initiative
- Police blotter: Oatmeal, Triscuits reported stolen