Army Pfc. Natalie R. Fike has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, in South Carolina. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches, and field training exercises. Fike is the daughter of Ted Fike of Nevada City. She is a 2007 graduate of Nevada Union High School.
In the service: Natalie R. Fike
- Community rallies around critically injured NU football player
- Music teacher booked on child porn charges
- Commercial Street restaurant closes amid concerns over boardwalk; new restaurant set to fill spot in Nevada City
- Grass Valley Police investigate suspicious death on Berryman Street
- Nevada Union teen dies as result of car crash injuries