Army Pfc. Natalie R. Fike has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, in South Carolina. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches, and field training exercises. Fike is the daughter of Ted Fike of Nevada City. She is a 2007 graduate of Nevada Union High School.
In the service: Natalie R. Fike
- Update: Suspected shooter ID'd, search called off near Washington
- Suspect in Alta Sierra vehicle arson arrested after chase
- Defendants take pleas in Washington Ridge drug-smuggling scheme
- Cannabis dispensary to be considered by Nevada City Council
- BEYOND THE COUNTY: Black man shot dead in California just after police arrive; Shooter goes on rampage at South Carolina school; Probe says missile launcher from Russia downed Malaysian jet