The seventh annual Shoot for Christian 3-on-3 basketball tournament will tip off at 9 a.m. this Saturday at Nevada Union’s Albert Ali Gymnasium. The tournament boasts 36 teams in four different age groups, all competing in honor of Christian Craig who lost his life in an automobile accident in 2006. The tournament will run until 6 p.m. or a winner is declared in each division. There will be a snack shack and a raffle at the event with a pair of basketball shoes signed Jimmer Fredette listed as the grand prize.
Shoot for Christian basketball tourney set for Saturday
- Nevada County officials, medical marijuana advocates to gather for 2nd meeting
- Nevada City Mayor's initiative seeks to discourage tobacco sales
- Placer County supervisors vote 3-to-2 to prohibit commercial medical marijuana grows and sales
- Authorities say Sacramento man tried to bring 800 lbs. of fireworks into Nevada County
- New scam illustrates need for vigilance with suspicious calls