Approximately 135 homebound seniors in western Nevada County rely on home-delivered meals with many more on the waiting list. The Meals on Wheels program is seeking volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to these individuals. All that’s needed is a valid driver’s license, a few hours one day a week and a genuine concern for seniors. For information, call Gold Country Community Services weekdays at (530) 273-4961.
December 10, 2012 | Back to: Obituaries
Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers
- CyberCamp aims to teach Nevada County students cyber security skills
- 'Back to balance and harmony': Bowen Therapy offers alternative options to repair the body
- Dying wish shows special love between two people at Right Hand Auburn Homeless Shelter
- Grass Valley wreck UPDATE: CHP officer rear-ended, flown to hospital
- Study looks to quantify Nevada County's pot economy