Approximately 135 homebound seniors in western Nevada County rely on home-delivered meals with many more on the waiting list. The Meals on Wheels program is seeking volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to these individuals. All that’s needed is a valid driver’s license, a few hours one day a week and a genuine concern for seniors. For information, call Gold Country Community Services weekdays at (530) 273-4961.
December 10, 2012 | Back to: Obituaries
Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers
- Grass Valley man arrested in sex assault of girl
- Put on your silver sneakers: fitness program designed for older adults
- Lake Tahoe and El Niño: OpenSnow.com forecasters sound off
- (VIDEO) Property owners petition Nevada City government to allow short-term rentals in residential areas
- Savoring the moments One young woman's journey through breast cancer