Approximately 135 homebound seniors in western Nevada County rely on home-delivered meals with many more on the waiting list. The Meals on Wheels program is seeking volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to these individuals. All that’s needed is a valid driver’s license, a few hours one day a week and a genuine concern for seniors. For information, call Gold Country Community Services weekdays at (530) 273-4961.
December 10, 2012 | Back to: Obituaries
Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers
- Former NU volleyball standout makes way as pro beach player
- Nevada County jail time can offer 'second chances'
- Tantalizing tulips: Springtime at Ananda (VIDEO)
- Valentina's Organic Bistro & Bakery: come for the food, stay for the love
- Nevada County pursues fines for Penn Valley tree-cutting at Gateway Center