Approximately 135 homebound seniors in western Nevada County rely on home-delivered meals with many more on the waiting list. The Meals on Wheels program is seeking volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to these individuals. All that’s needed is a valid driver’s license, a few hours one day a week and a genuine concern for seniors. For information, call Gold Country Community Services weekdays at (530) 273-4961.
Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers
- Grass Valley man stays patient, positive while awaiting kidney donor
- Nevada County death: Man dies in single-vehicle wreck
- PG&E augments hazard prevention measures in bark beetle epidemic (VIDEO)
- Nevada County sheriff, supervisors say 'no' to body cameras for deputies
- Don Rogers: A wall starts to give in Nevada County