A non-traditional bird house creation by Wanda Dunn of Penn Valley took the Best of Show award for the gingerbread house contest held in conjunction with the 2012 Country Christmas Faire held at the Nevada County Fairgrounds November 23 through 25. The gingerbread birdhouse was a traditional shape but was unusual in its use of decoration materials, which included three type of rice, green peas, various seeds and grains, cranberries, popped popcorn, pink peppercorns, and rosemary. “It has a realistic organic look to it and was fun and challenging to create, “ said Dunn. It will be on display at the South Yuba Club in Grass Valley for a week, then at Tess’ Kitchen Store through most of December.
Bird house wins annual gingerbread house contest
Trending in: Obituaries
- Obituary of Ryder Abbott
- Obituary of Earl Hamlin
- Obituary of D. Wyatt Horne Sr.
- Obituary of David Linden Gerrans
- Obituary of Brooke Light
- Honoring our past, envisioning our future: Nisenan seek to share Nevada County’s native history
- Nevada City man found dead in American River canyon
- Natividad: Thank you, Nevada County, from my family to yours
- Nevada County man accused of molesting girls held to answer on 10 counts
- Motorcyclist involved in wreck arrested on warrants