The board of directors of Nevada County Genealogical Society is announcing “Computers for Genealogy” as the topic for its 2014 study group series led by Ron and Donna Young. Over the next 10 months, the group will be covering the following subjects: computer hardware and main software programs, genealogy data websites, online library catalogs, digitized books, photography programs and scanning. Worthwhile information is increasingly appearing online, making meaningful research possible from the home computer. The Youngs will take participants step by step, showing them where and how to locate these documents to enhance their research.
Genealogical Society addresses online research
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Gardner/author to speak at garden club meeting
- Homeless man found dead in Grass Valley identified
- Candidate for secretary of state to speak at Nevada County Republican Party’s spring dinner
- Madelyn Helling Library to celebrate Teen Tech Week
- NJUHSD School board trustees to hold meeting