The Nevada County Republican Women Federated announced its donation of $1,200 to Nevada County’s Senior Meals Program when it became aware of a shortfall in the program’s budget. This donation will adopt/underwrite one route and assure delivery of a warm, nutritious meal to 15 seniors five days a week for one year. Fran Freedle, member of the Caring for America Committee of the NCRWF said, “In October we had a very successful and informative event at the Grass Valley Veteran’s Hall featuring Constitutional Sheriff Richard Mack. The response from our community and the attendance far exceeded our hopes and expectations. We would like to share our hard-earned good fortune with others. We also would like to challenge other local organizations to embrace this much needed program that serves homebound seniors in our county and step up and match our donation.”
Senior meals program gets a boost
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Local fire units retrieve woman fallen in Wolf Creek
- Amgen Tour of California brings exposure, economic gains to Nevada City
- Meet Your Merchant: Grass Valley-based Floracopeia supports grass-roots health care
- Strawberry Music Festival was a "family affair"
- Police Blotter: Caller reports naked man in a ditch