A screening of “The Dream Is Now: An American Story,” a new 30-minute documentary film by Davis Guggenheim (Academy Award-wining director of “An Inconvenient Truth”), will be part of the First Tuesday Educational Forum at 5:30 p.m., Nov. 5, in the basement room of the Nevada City Veterans Hall, 415 No. Pine Street.
Documentary examines broken immigration system
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Nevada County offers low-income homebuyers down payment assistance
- CHP on hunt for Camptonville hit and run driver
- Ostrofe: Should you sell your Russian investments?
- Cats seek new homes
- Candidate Forums by League of Women Voters coming up
- Second kidnap attempt reported in South Nevada County
- Scotch Broom closes its Nevada City doors after 43 years in business
- Ghost Posse takes over Grass Valley’s Holbrooke Hotel
- President of Pleasant Valley Elementary School Parent Club accused of embezzlement
- North San Juan man arrested on peeping charges